Monday, February 10, 2014

Using old shutters

So, if you haven't noticed already, I have an obsession with old things. Any type of old decor, trinkets, you name it, I like it. Today, I'm sharing some of the ways that I have used old shutters that I've collected along the way. 
This first picture is of one I have hanging in my dining room. It is painted with a homemade chalk paint, sanded and then hung with pieces of burlap and rope. 


This is a really old shutter that came from an old house in Yazoo City. It was just so beautiful, I didn't have to do anything to it, except put it on display. It's leaned up against the corner of my hearth. It adds complexity and color to the corner of the room!


This is the last picture:) this one is hanging over my sofa in the living room. It's white-washed and then sanded. Then, I found a vintage knob at Hobby Lobby to put on it to add to the old look. I then used thick, sisal rope to hang it with from a hook! 

I hope you have enjoyed today's post! 

Www.hobbylobby.com

No comments :

Post a Comment