Saturday, February 22, 2014

The secret is out! Part 1

I LOVE antiques! And one of my favorite things to do is to shop in antique stores and especially junk stores, because you never know what you're going to find. I could seriously be on one of those "picker" shows on tv. Some antiques can get a little pricey but that's where the secret comes in. The secret to getting good prices on antiques is to go to these hole in the wall junktiques, as I like to call them:) You have to find a place where the  people are fairly clueless about what they have. They are more worried about getting rid of some of the "junk" than making a pretty penny off of it. You can also hit up some auctions in your area, but I'm not too much of an auction girl. I get way too competitive at things like that, so it's probably safer for myself and everyone else that I not participate in them. Let's get started!
One of my favorite finds is my very old dresser drawer. I found it at a junk store in downtown Clinton, Ms. It is so old that when the store received the dresser that this belonged to, it pretty much disintegrated, so they ended up just keeping the drawers. I have yet to find any information on what kind it is or how old it is. I have it sitting on my hearth with a plant and an old quilt in it that I will talk about next.

The next thing is a real jewel in the rough. I also found it at the same store in Clinton. It is the gorgeous quilt in the picture below. It dates back to the 1920's. And get this! The store still had it's original box!! It was handmade by someone called "Granny's Quilts". The colors in it are so vintage! It is a real heirloom that I will pass down one day. I have it sitting in my old drawer that I talked about earlier.

The last thing I will be sharing about is my vintage fan that I adore ❤️ It is a genuine "Victor". It's worth a pretty penny:) I got it in one of my favorite junk stores in the Cooper Young District in Memphis, TN. I didn't pay much for it because they really didn't know what they had :) 
I hope you've enjoyed viewing some of my favorite vintage finds. This is part 1 of 2 blogs. Part 2 will be coming soon!

No comments :

Post a Comment