Thursday, January 1, 2015

Christmas break project

This week has been a week of projects and transformations! I think I've worked harder being off work this week than when I'm actually at work! I'm ready to go back to work so I can have a break! Ha... 
Anyway, my husband found this desk and chair on a local resale page, and when I saw it, I knew I had to have it! It's a genuine antique! All I did with the desk was coat it with lemon oil. The wood was too beautiful to paint. 
Here is the before:
 
Here is the after:
 I had debated on whether I should change the knobs or not, but just decided to keep the original ones to keep it as antique as possible. 

Then, I decided to paint the chair and recover the cushion. It was pretty bad! 
Here is the before:

And here is the after:
 
The finished product! The pictures do NOT do these beauties justice!

Thanks for visiting!

No comments :

Post a Comment